A Course in Mindful Living
This course is about the rest of your life. It is about remembering a way of being and living with yourself which you have may forgotten, and which can lead you to become more and more free from suffering. It is to remember your ability to live from a particular place in respect of yourself. It is about learning to live life from a response-able position, from a place of internal response-ability, as you live your life through yourself day to day. Another title for this course could be “Living life response-ably”.
Note that no one can do it for you, nobody can take it away from you, and you can’t lose it. Nor can anybody give it to you. What is this “it” ? It is mindfulness, … awareness, … attention, … and the ability to shift your attention from mindlessness to mindfulness, to change your perception from non-attention to attention.
So what is the point of the course ? To show you that there is another possibility in how you can approach your life, to help you remember how to live from this place, and to help you become more and more free from suffering. It is to help you begin to place greater attention on any aspect of your daily lived life, specifically as it relates to aspects of your thoughts, emotions, reactions, perceiving, etc... which can be applied in the day-to-day, moment to moment living of your life.
Ultimately, the course isn’t really about the course itself. It isn’t something you do once, after which you go back to your normal life. The course isn’t something separate from you. The course is about you, and living through yourself with greater awareness.
Who is the course aimed at
This course is for anyone wanting to bring greater equanimity and responsiveness in their lives, as well as people wishing to sustain any changes made in their lives (however, please note the exceptions listed in the final paragraph of this page, under ‘Ineligibility’).
The course is specially suitable if
- you want to reduce stress in your life, and have a way to maintain this throughout your daily life
- you are currently going through some form of counselling, or have finished a course of counselling, as a long term way of preventing relapse into old habits and patterns
- you have gone through an intensive or radical transformation in your life and want an approach which will complement and support the integration of the changes you have made
These criteria are not exhaustive. If you feel you would benefit from this course but are not sure then feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 089-530-6892.
Course Aim and Overview of Content
The course is mainly an experiential in nature, and is designed to address mental, emotional, behavioural, and reactive aspects of your life. The course is also designed to allow you to go as deep as you want, as deep as you can, into the practice of mindful living and mindfulness in general.
The only limits to the course are those you place on it yourself. For you to get the most out of this course you will need to accept that you are totally responsible for what you create throughout the duration of the course. This allows for a whole hearted engagement in the work by all concerned, and protects the long term viability, sustainability, and integrity of the course. For this same reason the course will be limited to a maximum of 5 people.
The course will last between 8 and 10 days, each day starting at 10:00 am and finishing at between 5pm and 6pm. It will include experiential activities, discussion, meditations, and educational videos. Throughout the course we will focus on mindfulness of body, emotions, and thought, and how this can be integrated into our daily lives. Specifically, we will focus on :
1) Mindfulness of the physical body;
2) Recognising that we have thoughts, that thoughts distract, that they have ‘pulling’ power; shifts in attention; Automaticness of thoughts; Interpreting vs describing;
3) Recognising that we have emotions; accepting our emotions; Feeling our emotions;
4) Aversion relating to the thoughts we have and the emotions we feel; Aversion to physically uncomfortable situations;
5) Allowing things to be as they are; Allowing our thoughts and emotions to be as they are; Allowing our life situation to be as it is;
6) Issues to do anger, our needs and boundaries;
7) A day of mindfulness encompassing everything learnt so far;
8) How best to look after ourselves and carry forward what we have learnt.
Note that this course is not a meditation course, although meditation does form part of the course. Also, this course is not about trying to get rid of our thoughts or emotions, nor is it about trying to fix or remove aspects of ourselves which we don’t like with.
It is about re-awakening a way in which we can perceive and live our daily lives that leads us to become more and more free from suffering. We are looking for freedom from suffering (not from emotions, or thoughts, or pain) by remembering our natural ability of mindfulness and attention, in respect of ourselves and the life we live through ourselves throughout our lived day.
Course starts : To be confirmed
Course fee : 5000 Baht
Max number of people on the course : 5 (five)
Ineligibility - Please note that if you are taking any illegal drugs/substances and/or are currently under medical treatment for depression, you will not be allowed onto the course. If you have registered for the course without having explicitly told me about this, and I find out about it, I will not allow you back onto the course, and you will get no refund on the course fee.
Chris on phone: 089-530-6892 or fill out the form below.